What role does the War Hazards Compensation Act (WHCA) play in my Defense Base Act (DBA) claim?

Video Transcription:

If you are injured by a war hazard, small arms fire, mortar fire, rocket fire, IEDs, VBIDs, then you will receive the same benefits as if you slipped and fell and hurt your back. Those benefits don’t change, regardless of whether you’re injured by a war hazard or a normal work related injury. Where the War Hazards Act comes into play is as follows: the insurance company that is paying you these benefits will apply to the War Hazards Compensation Act for reimbursement of those benefits.